SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN WITH HIGH ABILITIES (2-19 YEARS)
Our story begins in 2011…
· 400+ tested children
· 6 conferences for teachers and parents
· 1 accreditation of the Ministry of Education for the training of teachers in pre-university education
· 1 series of online events – Romanian Gifted School Digital Conversations
· 42 trainers from various fields
· 2 mentors from the USA, 1 mentor from Europe
· 1 international festival for children
· 1 anual camp for teenagers (in the country or abroad)
· 75 internal events
· 1 project with European funds
2020. Until now we have enjoyed the Gifted4All by Kleine Schule for preschoolers, schoolchildren and high school students and in 2020 we embark in a new adventure – we are launching the first school in Romania for children with high abilities – Romanian Gifted School. Under this name we will carry out all the activities of our kindergarten and school.
We are waiting for you to enjoy new programs addressed to children with high abilities (2-19 years old)!
Romanian Gifted School emphasizes the so-called window of opportunity in education: the period of formation of cognitive, social, emotional and aesthetic skills which is very short and is found at the earliest age of the child (up to 12 years).
More details about children with high abilities here.
Process of selection
Steps for selection
- Sending the evaluation report by e-mail, if the testing was performed elsewhere, for an analysis by our team of specialists
- Psychological testing from which information on the coefficient of cognitive, emotional, social, and behavioral intelligence emerges – more information here.
- Elaboration of a report by our specialists from the sum of the samples resulting from the testing
- An individual meeting with the parents to discuss the intervention plan
- The program proposal-the detailed proposal is made available to those who qualify to participate in the Romanian Gifted School
Stages of enrollment
- Request form of enrollment
- Transfer request (if applicable)
- Certification of English language level (8+) – documents attesting the acquired level
- Essay in Romanian and English language
- Summer camps both in the country (children și adolescents), and abroad. Annually, with the partial or total support of our sponsors, we can provide 1-2 participation scholarships. Scholarships are made available based on selection criteria.
- Participation in national and international festivals.
- Internship programs (14+).
- The possibility to get involved as volunteers in certain activities within the Romanian Gifted School (receive the necessary volunteer diploma for the application file for university).
Summative assessments are standardized tests and aim to evaluate competencies acquired during a learning period. Romanian Gifted School goes on international standardized tests. At Romanian Gifted School we consider that it is much more important to evaluate the children’s competencies and abilities, not the knowledge.
Romanian Gifted School – Educational Model
The novelty is given by the creation of the curriculum being adapted to the needs of children with high abilities, taking into account:
- the stages of their psychological development
- new studies and research in the field of neuroscience
- psychopedagogy of children with high abilities
The educational program created by our team of psychologists, trainers, evaluators of educational programs is divided into 4 areas:
- Gifted Brain Awareness – created to increase learning abilities through specific techniques (rapid learning, Feurstein method, Soroban, children’s neuroscience).
- Gifted Social Skills – social development programs (internship (14+), social involvement, competitions that focus on social skills, teamwork, programs for families of children enrolled in Romanian Gifted School).
- Gifted Self Development – programs related to personal development, character education (emotional development, coaching and mentoring, assertive communication). These transversal courses are addressed to all children enrolled in the Romanian Gifted School.
- Gifted Subjects – transdisciplinary learning programs:
- Gifted Social Sciences – creative writing, debate, public speaking, ethics, diplomacy, financial responsibility, civic involvement, entrepreneurship
- Gifted Applied Science (creativities) – photography, journalism, media, children’s marketing, film
- Gifted Integrated Sciences (logical–mathematical) – robotics, mechatronics, engineering, architecture, programming
- Gifted Arts – engraving, string art, foray into the art world, verstimentary design, colors and decor, visual compositions, graphic facility
WHO DO YOU STUDY WITH?
The emphasis, in the programs developed by our team, falls on the child, but at the same time there is a need for adult education – teachers and parents. Therefore, any new trainer needs first of all training in the psychopedagogy of “gifted” children.